Sunday, February 21, 2010

Shreyas Upanayanam Invitation
















Dear All,

I would like to share the invitation of our Son's Upanayanam. We started with surfing the net and going to all the sites where we could get a invite mentioning the steps of the upanayanam function. Since most of the invitations pictures namams and steps were not matching to our tradition, we decided to make our own invitation . Thanks to my good friend who helped me with the layout design and printing of the cards.



The entire invitation has been designed by us ( apparently, it took a month's time to design and type each line ).... this extra effort was worth the while to let know all of them the significance of this very important ritual ......... We have taken few pictures from the web...



In the invite we have the picture of our family God Shri Hulugadri and our Guru Shri Ramanuja We have started first with the blessings of God and our Guru.. then given the meeting of Upanayanam and the steps followed. ( this helps the people understand what is the function all about) .... we have kept the invite with the venue in the end as we first wanted people to understand what the function is all about as they will be able to appreciate better. In our tradition we need to give Gayathri idol to our close relatives while we go to invite them. Since we could not reach out to all our relatives we thought of putting the picture in the invite itself...



Please do let me know your views on this invitation.


Thank you

Kanchana

10 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! We will be performing the Brahmopadesham of the younger one in the US! Your site has been a treasure trove of information. Thank you!

    My3

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for designing such a wonderful Invitation for most sacred ritual in one's life. With my knowledge of upanayanam, I can proudly say that you got all the information correct. I am not sure about Udaka Shanty (when you do Punyaha vacham, it may be enough!)

    Do you mind if I use this material for my Son's Upanayanam invitation in Melbourne?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much sir,

    you have provided very good information and material.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much sir,

    you have provided very good information and material.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i want this format intelugu script

    ReplyDelete
  6. dear sir can i let know about more info about upanayanam in telugu script .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super ga Nice info Sir .can u provide this info in Telugu script

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I recently got a oppurtunity to see your invitation, you have done this perfectly to brought the right thing. I have a request, can I use some of this content for my son's upanayanam.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you sir, I could explain all these to my son.. because of your post

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi this is such a wonderful invite. Is there a way i could borrow some of the content here? Eagerly awaiting your reply..

    ReplyDelete